DODReads hiring military writers and copy writers. We are currently interested in working with contractors that are able to do ~10-20 hours per week. This is a work from home job and spouses and transitioning service members are highly encouraged to apply.
Open Position: Editor / Copy Writer
The ideal candidate would be a mid-career professional with at least 2-4 years of publishing, editing and copywriting experience.
Skills / Experience:
- Military experience either as an active duty Service member or as a spouse is required. Any applicant must be familiar with the military lingo and military culture.
- Writing / Editing / Copy Writing experience for atleast 2-4 years is necessary. Applicants must be able to write basic articles on military topics (ie. 5 Podcasts for Military Leaders), edit articles that others have produced, and write copy for titles, intro, excerpt, keywords ect….
- WordPress experience is highly desired but not required. Applicants would need to use wordpress to post articles, pages, and update menus. If you do not have wordpress experience it is fairly easy to learn. I recommend you start by creating your own free blog at wordpress.
- Self Direction This is a contract job and all work will be done at the applicants time and place of choosing. The applicant will need to work with little over-site and produce high quality content.
- Work with authors to receive their interview questions, input the interviews into WordPress, edit the interviews, write copy for the title and intro and schedule the interviews for posting. See my Interview section for examples: https://www.dodreads.com/category/interviews/
- Create high quality content. I will give you topics which are specific to military readers that I would like you to research. Research the topic, write the article and then publish the article. A recent example is the Naval Academy Reading List, or 100 Quotes for Readers.
- Once the articles are posted on DODReads.com, repost them on our social media accounts
- Be available for weekly phone calls to discuss current and future work.
If interested please contact us and be ready to provide:
- Examples of your work
- Your LinkedIn profile (if you have one)
- Price Range for your compensation