Contains the same information as the Main SkillBridge Webpage, just in condensed format.
Note: The below information intends to be a one stop summary for Army/Navy/Air Force/USMC service members who are interested in the DOD SkillBridge program.
Official DOD References
- DOD Job Training, Employment Skills Training, Apprenticeships, and Internships (JTEST-AI) for Eligible Service Members DODI 1322.29 – This is the overarching instruction and “Ref A” for any of the service specific SkillBridge references.
- Official DOD SkillBridge Website – https://dodskillbridge.usalearning.gov/
- Navy Skill Bridge Employment Skills Training Program NAVADMIN 222/15
- NSWG2 April Newsletter – The Navy now requires SkillBridge companies to be preregistered at https://dodskillbridge.usalearning.gov/
SkillBridge Basics (For All Services)
Skillbridge is a DoD program that allows for any service member who:
- Has served at least 180 days
- is within 180 days of separation or retirement
- Will receive an honorable discharge
- Has taken any service TAPS/TGPS
- Has attended or participated in an ethics brief within the last 12 months
To participate in an apprenticeship or internship for up to six months with civilian organizations. Approval for this program is delegated the first O-5 or above in the service member’s chain of command who has UCMJ Authority.
The Skill Bridge Training Organizations must:
- Offer the service member training that would lead to a high probability of employment (not necessarily at the same organization)
- Offer the training at little or no cost to the member
- Provide skills that are required to successfully perform occupations in the civilian workforce
- Not create a conflict of interest for the service member