Every year in the early Winter the US Coast Guard comes out with a new reading list. This year the Coast Guard is transitioning from a “Commandant’s Reading List” to a Coast Guard wide “Professional Development List”. With this new format the Coast Guard is soliciting recommendations from across the workforce. Submissions can be sent to the Coast Guard Office of Leadership.
2019 Coast Guard Professional Development List
- Multipliers by Liz Wiseman
- The Hundred-Year Marathon: China’s Secret Strategy to Replace America as the Global Superpower by Michael Pillsbury
- Turn the Ship Around! by L. David Marquet
- Life 3.0; Being Human in the Age of Artificial Intelligence by Max Tegmark
- Tribe of Mentors by Tim Ferriss
- Into the Storm by Tristram Korten
- Making Yourself Indispensable: The Power of Personal Accountability by Mark Samuel
- It Worked for Me: In Life and Leadership by Colin Powell
- The Trident: The Forging and Reforging of a Navy Seal Leader by Jason Redmon
- Longitude: The Story of the Lone Genius Who Solved the Greatest Scientific Problem of His Time by Dava Sobel
- Grit by Angela Duckworth
- Misbehaving; The Making of Behavioral Economics by Richard Thaler
- Why are All the Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria? by Dr. Beverly Tatum
- Back Channel to Cuba: The Hidden History of Negotiations Between Washington and Havana by William LeoGrande and Peter Kornbluh.
- China: As a Polar Great Power by Anne-Marie Brady
DODReads provides high quality content for life long learners; not overbearing adds, spam, or crazy popups. If you appreciate our content and intend on purchasing a military reading list for your library or command we would be honored if you consider buying from us first.