Every week the officers in our command get together and spend 30 minutes on personal and professional development training. It is a time of discussion where we view a short video or read a short article and then discuss how we can use that information to make our selves better, our command better, and our Navy better; in that order. The training also gives me the opportunity to share my thoughts and prospective from my 20 years of experience.
This week’s Khaki / Wardroom training was on the article Stoicism – By the DailyStoic.com
Below were our questions and discussion points.
- What is the intent of philosophy?
- How does the philosphy you learned in College differ from Stoicism?
- What was your key exercise?
- Are most of the things that frustrate us in the Navy inside our outside our control?
- What can you apply today?
If you have an additional article or video along with discussion points for officer training please contact me and I will post.