Wardroom Training: “Master the Art of Risk Assessment”
Every week the officers in our Wardroom get together and spend 20 minutes on personal and professional development training. It is a time of discussion where we view a short video or read a short article and then discuss how we can use that information to make ourselves better, our command better, and our Navy better; in that order. The training also gives me the opportunity to learn from the collective and share my thoughts and prospective from 20 years of hard won experience.
This week we read “Master the Art of Risk Assessment” by Captain Robert C. Rubel, U.S. Navy (Retired).
Below were our Wardroom Discussion questions:
- How do you define Mission Command
- How did Admiral Nelson define mission command; and what did he do to insure his Admirals and Captains understood it.
- How can the Navy apply this concept?
- How can our HQ apply this concept?
- How can we apply this concept?
DODReads provides high quality content for life long learners; not overbearing adds, spam, or crazy popups. If you appreciate our content and intend on purchasing a military reading list for your library or command we would be honored if you consider buying from us first.