What are you reading? is a podcast dedicated to inspiring a culture of scholarship and lifelong learning in the Armed Forces. This podcast is in partnership with DODReads.com
What are you Reading? is hosted on Anchor.fm
- In Episode 50, Ryder Ashcraft interviews Dr. Nancy Sherman, a Professor of Philosophy at Georgetown University, where she specializes in ethics, the history of moral philosophy, moral psychology, military ethics, and emotions. They discuss Dr. Sherman's experience as the inaugural Distinguished Chair in Ethics at the United States Naval Academy and her work creating the […]
- In episode 49, Ryder Ashcraft sits down with Major General Bruce Scott, United States Army (Ret.). MG Scott is the president and CEO of the George and Carol Olmsted Foundation, a scholarship program that sends active duty officers overseas for a cultural immersion tour. They discuss the benefits of earning a graduate degree abroad and […]
- In episode 48, Ryder Ashcraft interviews Admiral Mike Rogers, USN (Ret.), the former head of the National Security Agency (NSA) and U.S. Cyber Command. They discuss how a lifelong commitment to reading influenced his career, the future of U.S. cyber capabilities, and implications for collaboration between the government and private sector in the cyber domain.
- In episode 47, Brigid Calhoun interviews Gayle Tzemach Lemmon, author of the New York Times bestsellers Ashley’s War: The Untold Story of a Team of Women Soldiers on the Special Ops Battlefield and The Dressmaker of Khair Khana. Ashley’s War is currently being developed into a major motion picture at Universal Studios. Her most recent […]
- In episode 46, Eugene Yang interviews Mr. Brian Murphy of the Department of Homeland Security. They discuss his depth of experience in counterterrorism both abroad and domestic, the intersection of law enforcement and the Intelligence Community, and the importance of continued education throughout a career. Before being appointed to the Senior Executive Service of the […]
The views presented in this podcast are those of the participants and do not reflect the views of the Department of Defense or its components.