What are you reading? is a podcast dedicated to inspiring a culture of scholarship and lifelong learning in the Armed Forces. This podcast is in partnership with DODReads.com
What are you Reading? is hosted on Anchor.fm
- Thanks for a wonderful Season 1! DODReads: What are you Reading? will be back in February 2021 with new content and new voices for Season 2! If you haven't already, please take the time to leave us a review. Now is the perfect time to give us feedback, contact us @DODReads or [email protected] Finally, head […]
- In episode 35, Eugene Yang interviews Lt. Gen. Richard Clark, USAF, Superintendent of the United States Air Force Academy. They discuss the benefits of all types of conflict, fostering effective environments for facilitating conversations on diversity and inclusion, and the future of the Air Force and the Air Force Academy. Interested in an interview with […]
- In episode 34, Eugene Yang interviews Rear Admiral Carl Lahti, USN, Commandant of Naval District Washington. They discuss Naval District Washington's recent webseries "Listen, Learn, and Lead," the importance of diversity for the future force, and the positive impact of good mentors in the profession of arms.
- In episode 33, Eugene Yang interviews MG John Ferrari, USA (Ret.) who is currently a Visiting Fellow at the American Enterprise Institute and the Chief Administrative Officer of QOMPLX, a data analytics and cybersecurity firm. They discuss the importance of indirect leadership, the future of acquisitions and user engagement for DoD projects, and the importance […]
- In episode 32, Jacqueline Parker interviews Shannon Huffman Polson – author, speaker, founder of The Grit Institute and former Army Apache Helicopter pilot. They discuss learning from failure, the importance of mentorship, and why sharing stories is so important. Check out Shannon's books and leadership institute here.
The views presented in this podcast are those of the participants and do not reflect the views of the Department of Defense or its components.