What are you reading? is a podcast dedicated to inspiring a culture of scholarship and lifelong learning in the Armed Forces. This podcast is in partnership with DODReads.com
What are you Reading? is hosted on Anchor.fm
- Thanks for a wonderful Season 2! DODReads: What are you Reading? will be back in July 2021 with new content and new voices for Season 3! If you haven't already, please take the time to leave us a review. Now is the perfect time to give us feedback, contact us @DODReads or [email protected] Finally, head […]
- In episode 52, Brigid Calhoun interviews Deborah Lee James. From December 2013 through January 2017, Ms. James served as the 23rd Secretary of the United States Air Force with responsibility for 660,000 military and civilian personnel and a budget of nearly $140 billion. She was the second woman to ever lead a military service in […]
- In episode 51, Ryder Ashcraft is joined by Ambassador Nicholas Burns, a professor at the Harvard Kennedy School and the former Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs. They discuss the relationship between the Department of Defense and the Department of State, the challenges the United States faces from the Great Power Competition, and the […]
- In Episode 50, Ryder Ashcraft interviews Dr. Nancy Sherman, a Professor of Philosophy at Georgetown University, where she specializes in ethics, the history of moral philosophy, moral psychology, military ethics, and emotions. They discuss Dr. Sherman's experience as the inaugural Distinguished Chair in Ethics at the United States Naval Academy and her work creating the […]
- In episode 49, Ryder Ashcraft sits down with Major General Bruce Scott, United States Army (Ret.). MG Scott is the president and CEO of the George and Carol Olmsted Foundation, a scholarship program that sends active duty officers overseas for a cultural immersion tour. They discuss the benefits of earning a graduate degree abroad and […]
The views presented in this podcast are those of the participants and do not reflect the views of the Department of Defense or its components.