What are you reading? is a podcast dedicated to inspiring a culture of scholarship and lifelong learning in the Armed Forces. This podcast is in partnership with DODReads.com
What are you Reading? is hosted on Anchor.fm
- In episode 27, Eugene Yang sits down with Brigadier General Kim Field, USA (Ret.) to discuss the role of the military in interagency endeavors, the importance of education and critical thinking for leadership, and how to ask good questions to solve future complex scenarios. Kim Field is currently a Professor of Practice at the Texas […]
- In episode 26, Eugene Yang sits down with Lieutenant General John Wissler, USMC (Ret.) to discuss leadership development for junior officers, the importance of cross-cultural understanding, and the practice of individual reflection to sharpen personal leadership competencies and moral courage. LtGen Wissler is the Distinguished Chair of Leadership at the United States Naval Academy Stockdale […]
- In episode 25, Eugene Yang sits down with Dr. John Nagl, Lieutenant Colonel, US Army (Ret.), to discuss how organizations react to new challenges, from the current pandemic to counterinsurgency. Dr. Nagl reflects on his start in professional military writing and the importance of education for America's next generation of leaders. Dr. Nagl is currently the […]
- In episode 24, I sit down with Marine Colonel Maria "MJ" Pallotta to discuss how stoicism can help us weather the pandemic, why the classics are critical for leaders, and the importance of studying leadership and ethical philosophy. Interested in an interview with a particular leader? Have a question you'd like to hear answered? Contact […]
- In episode 23, Jackie sits down with Army Lieutenant Colonel Laura Weimer to discuss learning from failure, how to reconcile leadership responsibility with doubts over the mission, and the importance of finding purpose. Interested in an interview with a particular leader? Have a question you'd like to hear answered? Contact us @DODReads or [email protected] Finally, […]
The views presented in this podcast are those of the participants and do not reflect the views of the Department of Defense or its components.