Every week the officers in our command get together and spend 20 minutes on personal and professional development training. It is a time of discussion where we view a short video or read a short article and then discuss how we can use that information to make ourselves better, our command better, and our Navy better; in that order. The training also gives me the opportunity to learn from the collective and share my thoughts and prospective from 20 years of hard won experience.
This week we read “Farnam Street Principles” by fs.blog.
Farnam Street Principles Discussion questions:
- Farnam Street discussed their principles, What are your five principles?
- What are our commands 5 principles?
- Are we living them?
- What is the best way to develop principles that we own and operate by?
- Does anyone have an example of something he/she may not understand; but by understanding the principles behind it allows you to understand the problem?
- How can we apply this information this week?
DODReads provides high quality content for life long learners; not overbearing adds, spam, or crazy popups. If you appreciate our content and intend on purchasing a military reading list for your library or command we would be honored if you consider buying from us first.